2.7.13

indian-inspired paleo chicken with spinach

I LOVE Indian food. It is definitely one of those things that have been difficult to give up (or really, eat only occasionally) when I started Paleo. Some days I am just missing my rice and lentils.

But, the chicken recipes are very easy to modify and make at home. And, although I haven't really been impressed with cauliflower rice thus far, it is AWESOME with this recipe. Or maybe it is the fact that this recipe is so yummy, it doesn't matter how horrible of a substitute cauliflower is for rice.

Next time, I am doubling or tripling this recipe. I could have eaten this all week long and I think it was even better as leftovers. I thought about it all morning when I brought it to the office with me for lunch.

INDIAN-INSPIRED PALEO CHICKEN WITH SPINACH
serves 4

2 lb. boneless chicken thighs
3 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
 4 oz. tomato paste
1 1/2 c. coconut milk
sea salt, to taste
4 handfuls of spinach 

Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.

Heat coconut oil over high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.

Turn heat to low. Add garlic and spices stirring to create a paste. Add tomato paste to onion mixture. Add coconut milk and salt and whisk into paste. Turn up heat to medium.

Bring sauce to a simmer and add chicken. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Add spinach and cook until wilted.

Serve over cauliflower rice.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. mmm this looks amazing. so on paleo you can't eat lentils? i don't know much about the diet!

    ps - check out my James Jeans giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, are you not allowed to eat beans on paleo? because I have a chickpea recipe you'll LOVE...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.